The top 5 Secrets to Finding a Cheap Flight Ticket
As we all know, traveling is expensive and any extra dollars you can shave off normal airline ticket could mean the difference of an entire flight. Instead of having you search all over CheapFlights the web, I’ll just reveal the 5 techniques for finding a cheap flight ticket.
Here’s the first one…
- Buy a Return ticket. This is probably the easiest way to save a few bucks; just buy a return ticket. This usually works because most airline companies have rebates out there when you buy a return ticket as well, which equates to you getting both tickets for just a little more than you’d normally pay for a one-way flight. You should purchase these return tickets ahead of time, so if you know exactly when you’ll be coming back, just do it– pick up a cheap return flight. Your wallet will thank you.
Also, before we go even farther, it should be mentioned (though it’s slightly obvious) that it’s normally cheaper traveling on week days as opposed to weekends. Weekends are significantly busier than week days (due to work, school, and schedules), and the higher the traffic the harder to find a cheap flight ticket. This opens up a better window of opportunity though: if you arrange to both leave and return on week days, you can easily find cheap air line tickets.
- Look on the internet. The internet is full of places you can look to find a cheap flight ticket, usually with only a few quick searches. There are sites that you can find with just basic searches that will pull up tons of cheap airlines, or discounts for traveling. The prices of tickets can vary in day to another location, so once you find a couple sites that have decent ticket rates, bookmark them and go back to them often to check current ticket prices.
These sites will also typically discount ticket prices for same-day travel arrangements, so before you buy your ticket do your homework in browsing around. By “due diligence”, What i’m saying is if you want to find a cheap flight ticket it’s best to check out a minimum of three discount ticket sites online and just join in a comparison to see which has the most affordable travel arrangements.
- Buy tickets from the smaller airline companies. So many people think that the big airlines companies offer the best discounts for cheap air line tickets. Big mistake. These big airline companies spend vast amounts on advertising and have much higher embedded costs in their companies, so they have to charge more for their tickets.
Meaning of the story: avoid them and instead find the smaller companies that will not only give you great customer service, but can offer cheaper tickets as well.
- Keep your travel options open. Now, this would need looking around online to work, but if you keep your schedule open and flexible instead of trying to get the premier flight tickets, you’ll end up saving big.
Look around at the different flight times and you’ll see a variation in price there too. Later travel arrangements are generally cheaper than earlier travel arrangements, because most people have to get home at a decent time. That leaves a lesser demand for tickets around midnight or later, since most people want to be home and in bed at the same time.
Compare the prices of tickets at “peak” flying times versus the more unknown times and you’ll be able to find a flight that will fit your budget.
- Use non-flight travel in your travel plans. Some times it pays to use ground transportation like the bus for shorter mileage.
Let’s say for example that you want to go from San diego to Seattle. Instead of just going in city to the other, find a bus to bring you to Los angeles from San diego and take the airline out from Los angeles. You could even drive out to Sacramento and fly out from there; the flight is going to be even cheaper from there. Before you know it, you’ll be saving dollars left and right.
Now keep in mind: these are only 5 tactics you can use to find a cheap flight ticket [http://cheapflightticketguide.com] and save money while you travel. Finding more techniques for finding discount travel arrangements is only a matter of creativity. See if you can find holiday packages or last minute/same-day discounts.